Townsend’s Fund Review Group is responsible primarily for reviewing the hundreds of commingled fund investment opportunities from sponsoring managers providing data and proposals to Townsend each year, and fully evaluating funds most appropriate for Townsend’s 90+ clients. Last year,
Last year, Townsend’s clients collectively committed approximately $11.1 billion to private equity real estate funds and other similar vehicles.
throughout the globe. The Group is currently seeking an Analyst to be located in its Cleveland and San Francisco headquarters, focusing on US non-core real estate funds.
Specific responsibilities are integral to the Group and the firm’s overall investment process, and include the following:
- Conduct investment performance measurements and comparisons using historical fund-level and property-level performance data; Maintain and update various internal databases with performance data and other fund and manager data.
- Provide a range of analytical support to senior team members using proprietary/customized excel-based models; provide research, fact finding, and data collection to support the Group’s due diligence process.
- Meet and interact with investment managers in the due diligence process and evaluation of funds, manager platforms, and strategies.
- Contribute to the formal investment recommendation reports prepared for clients.
- Contribute to ad-hoc research requests serving the broader firm’s macro views and client-specific project requests.
- Bachelor’s degree, majoring in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field required; Minor or additional coursework in Business Statistics a plus. MBA and/or CFA designation is preferred. GPA of 3.5+ preferred.
- ~1-3 years of relevant experience, preferably working in real estate investment consulting, investment banking and/or private fund management.
- Working knowledge of excel-based modeling, investment statistics, financial statements and other accounting-based reports.
- Strong written/oral communication skills; ability to interact effectively with fund managers, internal client teams, internal Investment Committee, and directly with clients.
- Intellectual curiosity; interest in fact finding and data collection.
- Highly analytical with attention to detail.
- Self-starter capable of working autonomously in a lean group.